Okay, let’s think about this a bit differently by rephrasing that question: How much do you think about setting your days up for success?
If you’re anything like me, the answer to that question is, “very little” or “very little in the actual moment.”
Because thinking about what we’re eating in the moment is kind of tough, I set myself up for success beforehand.
I grocery shop with the intention of having quick, easy to prepare, well-balanced breakfasts. I want to have success early in the day. I want to mark one daily task off my list. Healthy breakfast - check! Now, on to conquer the rest of the day!
Here, I have a few options that are very easy and quick to make. Also, for the most part, they can either be premade and assembled, or most of the components can be precooked.
That means your only time requirement is bringing the edibles up to a nice temperature (or, if you will, throwing them together and heating them up).
1) This is a dual purpose snack and breakfast: Protein Oatmeal
- one packet of oatmeal such as Maple and Brown Sugar with
a scoop of Cinnamon Roll Driven Whey = Awesome!!!
2) Omelette- cheat the time demand by precooking some meats and veggies. I cook them then I continue chopping them up and divide them according to the macros I am shooting for. Know what that does for me? I throw my pre-prepped items into a skillet to get them warm, then my eggs and it only adds about 90 seconds to the complete(or scrambled egg) cook time.
3) EGG Muffins
- yep protein muffins. Premade and put in the fridge. tastes the same
4) Chicken, Spinach, and Avocado so much goodness
I also have a few cheats for adding some flavor to eggs.
-like spice? ADD CHOLULA HOT SAUCE
-add chives, and salsa to eggs
How much thought do you put into your daily breakfasts?